348 of 365 - Santa Hands and Mistle-toes!

Have I mentioned how much I
LOVE Pinterest?

I have had the kids making some pretty
awesome crafts for Christmas
this year.

These ones turned out so good!


I have one more special craft, 
that the kids and I have been
working very hard on,
that I can't display until after Christmas.
The children will be taking them home,
all wrapped up,
to put under their trees for their
mommies and daddies.
I am so excited!

If you haven't been on PINTEREST,
you really should give it a try!
Be careful though,
it can use up time very quickly! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh I think I need the recipe for the Santa hands to do with my grand girls next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie, The recipe is super easy and I love this dough a lot more than salt dough.

    1/2 cup cornstarch
    1 cup baking soda
    3/4 cup water

    In a medium size pot, combine cornstarch, baking soda and water. Over medium-high heat, stir until smooth and no longer feels stuck to the bottom of pot. Stir constantly it will start to thicken after a couple of minutes. When it looks like smooth mashed potatoes remove the pot from the heat. Spoon the ball of dough into a bowl. Cover with damp cloth until cool. When clay is cool, knead on smooth surface dusted with cornstarch. To avoid cracking, make sure dough is well kneaded before rolling. Knead in more cornstarch if dough feels sticky.

    (Store in sealed bag or bowl. It will keep for a couple weeks in the fridge. Bring to room temp before using.)

    Preheat oven to 175 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out clay to 1/4" thick on surface lightly dusted with cornstarch. You can use cookie cutters or I formed circles and pressed the kids hands into the dough, being careful not to press right though. Use a straw to create the hole for hanging.
    Place on cookie sheet and bake for about an hour, turning over halfway through cooking. After they have cooled they can be painted. I used acrylic paints from Dollarama!
    Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete